Re: [TenTec] Centurion Plate Capacitor

To: <atrampler@att.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion Plate Capacitor
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:53:58 -0500
From: <atrampler@att.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:19 AM
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion Plate Capacitor

I'm having some recurring arcing on my Centurion whether in to dummy load or
antenna.  I think the plates may have been pitted when I got it as it
happens so easily.

As noted in the Subject Line, it is a Centurion.

Have any of you replaced the plate capacitor, and if so, did you use Ten Tec
OEM spec part or find something with a higher voltage rating?  Any of you
ever put in a vacuum variable instead?

Finally, does anybody know what the voltage rating of the plate capacitor
is?

I find that even into a dummy load I wind up giving the amplifier full load
capacitance, which is not what the manual expects.  Anyone else have similar
experience?

Toying with sending it to Sevierville, but not yet convinced.  All feedback
appreciated.

73,
Art, KØRO