[TenTec] AGC Threshold Increments

To: Tentec Contesting List <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] AGC Threshold Increments
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:42:04 -0600
As I was adjusting the AGC for 80 m (noisy) I found that the
increments of threshold adjustment get very coarse as the threshold
is increased. For example, near the end of its range, it progresses
(in uV) as: 7.22, 9.12, 11.26, 14.73, 21.28, 38.30, 191.48 (the max).
I know that I can set it for almost any arbitrary value between these
numbers using Ham Radio Deluxe and (I'm certain) N4PY's
software.  These are not equal steps in dB; why do the adjustments
get so coarse using the old-fashioned knob? Is there a way to
adjust/affect this behavior?

Kim Elmore, N5OP