[TenTec] OT

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:09:10 -0500
Here is a little tip we just learned. My son kc2iyg just bought a laptop
computer used.  The computer was a good deal but it stunk to high heaven from
tobacco smoke .  We took a chance , he first wiped the surface of the notebook
down with a antibacterial wipe and then he dug out a small Ionizer .  He placed
the Ionizer next to the notebook and covered both with a plastic tucker tote (
a med sized trash can of sorts ) and let it do it's thing for 4 hours .  Well
he pulled the notebook out and to our surprise the smoke smell was almost
completely gone !  I thought this might work with some radios we some times
pick up for a song and the previous owner was a smoker .  All the Best de
Kb2huk  and  kc2iyg    John and Mike