Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:09:05 -0600
I, and I suspect many VHF/UHF enthusiasts, would like to see a 222MHz
(1.25m) rig, or a VHF/UHF rig that incorporates this band. As 222 MHz
is only available in region 1, it is pretty much up to the US ham
radio manufacturers to come up with one.

I suspect that a 2m/1.25m/70cm rig would sell well. It would
compliment the many HF rigs, including the Omni VII, that have 6M
facilities. The old Ten Tec 6N2 is still very much in demand in the
used market, and I suspect that if 1.25 were added to this platform it
would sell well. A VHF/UHF platform based on the Omni VII would
probably sell well.

This is one area in which Ten-Tec could take a leadership role without
worry of competition from the Japanese vendors, and without too much
worry from Elecraft or Flex Radio.

Just identifying a niche that needs to be filled. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey