Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Transceiver Survey
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:04:14 -0400
Pretty close to my thoughts. I'll take a first-class bandscope, or , get rid of
it and apply the resources for other things. I never use it right now, and I
don't use NR for the same reason. If there be a choice, I 'd like to see the NR
be as good as it used to be way back when ( or so you guys tell me). The
addition of a roofing filter and H:NB  on the sub RX would be a sufficient
improvement. And it would be nice if the H:NB didn't imprint the noise in the
passband when strong signals are present. The insert comment about the most
important feature I answered - crunch proof front end - which my O2 has
demonstrated many times on 160M.

Paul WB2ABD