Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lowest loss matching an antenna for my Argonaut
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 20:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
I did not say dipole,  I said INVERTED VEE.

Type N connector from what I can remember from a friends test at Zenith on the
HF freqs had for all practical purposes a flat line impedance across the
connector.  The PL-259 had a huge jump in impedance.  How much of an effect
does that jump in impedance have on receive signals?  Now, we did this about
1974 or so, so the quality of materials and frequency responses may have
changed since then.  How many of these connectors needs to be installed before
a noticeable change in a week DX signal is detected?   Do you count the Male
and Female connector as one or two points of  loss?

 BNC and C type connectors I see people are using these.  This is good input
and nice to hear.  Darn good connectors.

UHF PL type connectors are excellent.  Do not get these confused with the
common HF PL-259.

Keep The Faith, Jim K9TF/WA9YSD