Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield

To: "Jim WA9YSD" <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>, "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 95% Shield
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:12:40 -0700
On Thu, 15 May 2008 03:52:47 -0700 (PDT), Jim WA9YSD wrote:

>Is that with in the leakage spec of say RG-213 on HF freq?

It is NOT leakage in your transmitting antenna system. It MIGHT be,
but probably is not, leakage in the TV antenna system. A much more
likely cause is a pin 1 problem in the TV set or an audio system to
which the TV is connected. It also might be made worse by common
mode current causing radiation from the coax. A good coax choke
would kill that current.

There are many ways in which RFI and TVI can occur. Study that RFI
tutorial that I pointed you to, which explains most of them (the
ones I've thought of) in detail. Once you understand them, you can
then use the detailed advice in the tutorial to first figure out
which one(s) is(are) happening in your particular instance and FIX
it(them).

73,

Jim K9YC