Re: [TenTec] OT 75 Ohm twin feeder

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT 75 Ohm twin feeder
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:15:41 +0100
Gary,

I've tried "lamp cord" for QRP work in the past; this time I was looking
for something that would handle the UK limit of 400W.

Also, the "lamp cord" I tried was closer to 100 Ohms which is too much
for the Hex application. It's always a surprise to me how close the
conductors have to be to get a low Zo. 90 Ohms is pretty easy, but 50
Ohms is a real struggle - the spacing needs to be less than 10% of the
wire diameter, depending on the dielectric constant of the surrounding
material of course.

I'm happy with the RG58 solution if it will stand up to the power.

73,
Steve G3TXQ