Re: [TenTec] New Rig....

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig....
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 22:28:28 +0100

Edward Sylvester wrote:
> Are folks on the list still of the belief that the Omni VI+ is still the best
> CW rig ever made?  I am the proud owner of one and feel that it is!

I have an Omni VI and a Corsair II.

The Omni VI is much more convenient - no need to re-build the PTO; no
need to switch to SSBR on 17m; more stable; side-tone that sounds like
it might be a sine wave; automatic band changing with the Hercules II;
100KHz steps; variable tuning rate etc etc.

Which one do I find myself using most of the time ... the Corsair II of
course :)

Steve G3TXQ