Re: [TenTec] Band Scopes, Engineers, Firmware, Etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Band Scopes, Engineers, Firmware, Etc.
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:10:53 -0400
On the same topic, I've heard the complaints about?the Jupiter band scope,
including statements that it's virtually useless. I find the feature really
useful and fun.?

And to me, while people complain that it's not as sharp or steep?as crystal
filters, I find the DSP implementation in the Jupiter as useful as anything
I've ever used on both CW and SSB.? Man, I had a Kenwood TS 570 for a while and
talk about useless DSP on SSB.? Whew!

Finally, there similarly are people who really carp about Windows VISTA
or?Microsoft in general or Ford vs. GM vs. Toyota.? A guy walked by my Ford
Escort Wagon one day at work and said something about how sorry Fords (Fix Or
Repair Daily...FORD)?were and what junk they build and?my didn't do this or
that.

So, I smiled and said that the car had 111,000 miles on it and I'd only changed
the oil every 6,000 miles and had done the front brakes once; otherwise nothing
at all and it's been paid off for eight years and gets 30 miles per gallon at
least.? What more could I expect?? One man's Ford is another man's BMW.

You pay your money and you take your choice.

73s,

Rick