[TenTec] Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replacing the speaker in a Delta II/Argonaut II
From: "Bill Acito W1PA" <w1pa@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:45:21 -0400
I have a Delta II that I am refurbing, and it appears that the internal speaker
has
some sort of issue or short. After a few minutes the audio gets very distorted,
and
the audio amp module gets very hot. An external speaker plugged into the
external
jack works fine, and the module stays cool.

In looking at the how the rig's aluminum frame is put together, it looks like I
have to
completely disassemble the radio to get access to the screws that hold the
internal
speak in place.

Has anyone ever done this replacement, and if so, is there an easier way?

Bill
W1PA