Re: [TenTec] Repair history for Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Repair history for Orion
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:50:33 -0500
The BW encoder is jittery on mine. I'll live with it. Having an intermittent
Sub receiver that started last year, I called the tech at T-T, and we went
through all kinds of tests and resets, and he said to send it in. They sent it
back, stating they could find nothing wrong, and suggested I didn't know what
buttons to push. Evidently the tech doesn't either. The problem persists, but
there's no way I would send the rig back again.

OTT, I'm most happy with the radio, minus the obvious details like meter, NR,
6hz split vfos, etc. I'll make my own K3 comparisons when I get mine next week.

Paul WB2ABD