Re: [TenTec] The Titan IIII - 4cx800s

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Titan IIII - 4cx800s
From: "Glenn AE0Q" <gm5bkc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:56:49 -0700
The 4CX800 tubes were manufactured by Svetlana in St. Petersburg for
commercial sale, they have a pretty, shiny finish and were available
new from PM America until about 7 years ago.   Svetlana also made
"civilian" 3CX400 and 3CX800 tubes, we got samples of both at Alpha in
1999 (I still have them as "shop tubes").

The GU-74B was made for the military and has a dull, matt finish.
Supposedly all the tubes were made in the same plant.  The GU-74B
tubes that are used in ham amps are NOS military surplus.

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:00 PM, N4PY <n4py@arrl.net> wrote:
> My Acom 1000 manual says the 4CX800A and GU74B are different numbers for the
> same tube.

73 - Glenn AE0Q
--
"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

 AE0Q / V31RY              ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SV0WY, WA0VPK
 ae0q@arrl.net      --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, OOTC, NCVA--
http://www.radiotipsandtales.com