Re: [TenTec] Omni C help

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C help
From: "Phil Chambley Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:59:35 -0500
Drift is usually a fairly slow change in frequency, most often caused by
changes in temperature.

A sudden and abrupt shift in frequency, or "jump", is usually due to some
mechanical problem, like a loose connection or poor ground.

When the grease in the PTO becomes thick and gummy, the most obvious first
effect is a difficulty in making fine frequency adjustments, like
zero-beating an incoming signal.

These all have different cures, so the problem (drifty) requires explicit
definition.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk