Re: [TenTec] G5RV

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] G5RV
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:24:07 -0600
The idea was to provide a resonant dipole for 15 meters on any flavor or
G5RV, but certainly mainly for the 102 foot true G5RV.  The other is a
half size G5RV.  Besides a 3:1 SWR on the 102 foot version, at 15m; you
also have a less optimal lobe pattern and possibly angle of take off.
That is subjective observation on 15 meters where I can work a G5RV into
coastal states from mid America, but don't see all that much DX come thru.

Even a 40 m half wave dipole used on 15 m often resonates well out of
the 15m band, but sort of works on 15 in a pinch.  But, I would expect
the 51 foot half size G5RV to work less well and shift its 15 m response
even higher. (Difference of 65 feet vs 51 feet)
-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH