Re: [TenTec] G5RV

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] G5RV
From: Ralph Matheny <mathenyr@marietta.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:10:26 -0500 (EST)
At the risk of prolonging the misery of this thread, I must quote Mr. Varney, G5RV in his "update" article in ARRL Antenna Compendium #1. Quote, "The G5RV antenna, with it's special feeder arrangement, is a multiband center-fed antenna capable of efficient operation on all the
HF bands from 3.5 to 28Mhz."  From that quote, it would appear that Varney
had in mind more than 20 meters. The rest of his article is actually quite interesting. He discusses each mode of operation, band band by band. Must reading for those who wish to discuss the antenna, I would

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750