Re: [TenTec] Argoanaut II/Delta dispaly backlight

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argoanaut II/Delta dispaly backlight
From: <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:26:58 -0500
Go to

http://www.allelectronics.com

and ask for a catalog.

The thing you want is called an ELECTROLUMINESCENT STRIP

ON page 7 of an old catalog, cat# EL-5, and cost a whopping $3.50 !! Get two
and you will have a spare and when you have a spare you will never need
another strip :-) Gompersons law !!

Oh, you will need to drop the front panel, not all the way off, just loosen
the screws after taking off the top and bottom covers ! With the front panel
near the edge of your desk just remove the top side screws and loosen the
bottom side screws if I remember right and it will tilt down enough for you
to see what has to be done. I believe the old strip is a bit longer but it
slides out after you remove the wire powering it and slide the new one it
and attach the wire back up to it ! Bingo , green light for $3.50 ! Good as
new !

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.