Re: [TenTec] Digital on Orion II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Digital on Orion II
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:34:24 -0600
In review of the suggesting values, I would suggest the following:

AGC should be ON.

ATTN should be  0 or off.  There's no likelihood of overload unless you have
a station on the same band within 3 to 5 miles.

RF Gain depends on antenna efficiency, typically 30% to 75% depending on
local noise.

Set level from computer/interface such that power output in PSK is 30 to 50
watts with no ALC action.  SP should be OFF.

Should produce great results.

73
Bob, K4TAX