Re: [TenTec] RF speech processors

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF speech processors
From: <waltk8cv4612amos@att.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:39:07 -0500
Hum ........ sounds like we need a updated / new version of the SM-220 here
?

Maybe, I'll change my mind after the demonstration ? Had a VOMAX and sold
that years ago , big mistake !

Do you use an external DSP with your ORION II because the internal DSP is no
good ?

Is the new RF speech processor really a money maker and used with older rigs
that have NO internal SP ?

Does excessive SP do any good at the other end of the QSO or is it just
NOISE !!

What we really need is something like the SM-220 to LOOK at the outgoing RF
and really see if it is something to be proud of and write home about !

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.