Re: [TenTec] RF speech processors

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF speech processors
From: Mike Gorniak <mgorniak@genesiswireless.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:29:34 -0600
It depends on what kind of ugly. If they are ugly in highly articulate
ways,  it's the strongest signal. In case of a tie it's the one whose
audio characteristics most closely match the frequency range that the
(receiving station's) operator's ears are most sensitive to. Of course,
if the signals are just plain ugly and distorted in ways that do not
enhance intelligibility, the transmitting station does not get in the
log book. This tends to keep most of them intelligible, even though they
might not necessarily be pleasant to listen to.

73,
Mike
NM7X

Mike Gorniak writes...

>/ My experiences with being the one on the "other side" of a pile up
/>/ concur with this philosophy as well. It's the ugly signals that cut
/>/ through the clutter first. THEN, I can work the rest of the guys.
/
But what if all the signals are ugly?

Rick, KR9D

believed to be clean.