[TenTec] Doorknobs needed - Was: Ig drift on amps

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Doorknobs needed - Was: Ig drift on amps
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:29:25 -0500
It appears I likely need to replace at least some of the padding
capacitors in the tank on my 425 to stop the Ig drift on the lower
bands. To do a clean sweep, what I need to replace are the following.

A. (C6, C7) Two 1000pf @ 5KV series 858s doorknobs

B. (C17)     One 500pf @ 5KV series 858s doorknob

C. (C18, C20) Two 300pf @ 5KV series 858s doorknobs

D. (C15)     One 400pf @ 15K Series HEC HT57 doorknob

E. ( C16) One 270pf @ 2KV disc: Ceramic?/Mica? which is about
1"x3/32" and is glossy yellow. On the side it reads:

RMC   270    J
2KV    P     3

I would like to change "E" to an 858 series doorknob, making it a
270pf @ 5KV series 858 doorknob.

The Drifting Ig issue is really a problem on the low bands and I'm
concerned about damaging the tubes. If you have any of these caps in
as new condition available, please contact me off list.

Thanks!

Gary
KA1J