Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on amps

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ig drift on amps
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:00:21 -0600
If the leads to the caps are black then that says "they are heating".  Loose
connections can cause this.  Make sure the mounting screws are tight and
that a proper internal tooth lock washer is installed between the wire
terminal and the capacitor terminal. Same for the bottom side with the lock
washer between the capacitor and chassis.  Due to circulating currents in
this circuit any and all contact resistance can spell problems.  Heating
causes resistance to change which causes loading to change which causes grid
current to change.

73
Bob, K4TAX