Re: [TenTec] Orion - OT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion - OT
From: Ed <w3nr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:44:27 -0400
jerome schatten wrote:
> Right on! I've used VOX to key the rig with MixW and Fldigi across
> many rigs: FT920, IC706, IC7K, Pro3, and a TT Jupiter. Works slick and
> easy. Two cables: one from the soundcard to the mic input of the rig;
> the other from the rig audio (headphone jack works) to the sound card.
> That's it. Save your money!
>
> jerome - VA7VV

I couldn't agree more. I use a straight through for RX, a 100:1
resistive divider for TX. I cheated on the PTT, I use a hard PTT using a
NPN and a 1k resistor.

As a fldigi Alpha tester and list moderator, I can verify that all the
bells and whistles interfaces are a nightmare to get up and running.

KISS is the best method for digital interfacing.

Ed W3NR