[TenTec] Omni VI+ Repair needed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Repair needed
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:32:32 -0500
I have an Omni VI Plus that is a suspected static discharge victim.  In
its current state the receiver is fully functional and works just fine.
The transmitter puts our little or no power with associated reduced
current draw on the power supply and odd Po readings on the panel power
meter.  The little or no power output has been confirmed with an
independent power meter.   Ten-Tec originally repaired this unit with
identical symptoms by replacing the drivers, finals and PIN diodes on
the BPF/Front End Board.  The unit failed again shortly after the
original Ten-Tec repairs.   Ten-Tec now suspects further problems with
PIN diodes and / or an OP Amp in the SWR circuit that apparently
provides feedback to the RF circuits.  Ten-Tec declared this unit as
"not economically repairable" and subsequently I filed a homeowners
claim on the unit therefore Ten-Tec will not perform any further service
work on the rig.

I have neither the time nor test equipment to dig into component level
repair myself.  I'm looking for someone knowledgeable and experienced
with Ten-Tec Omni VI+ servicing who would be willing to take a look at
the rig.  Please contact me off line of the reflector and let me know
your experience and bench rates.  I can then discuss in more detail what
I know / don't know about the rig and its issues.

Doug, W9PN
Doug.Speer@fairbanksmorse.com

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.