Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Repair needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Repair needed
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:06:53 -0700
I have had to send my omni vi plus upgraded to option 3 back to TT 3 times
for no output....replaced the finals and drivers twice and the drivers a
third time. I now suspect the same static issues. It is working fb now
though...
I seem to have the best luck running a link coupled transmatch to feed both
my omni 7 and omni 6.
Feedline has static discharge units...a pair of 100k ohm resistors to
ground. I run a horizontal loop fed with lengths of 600 ohm homebrew ladder
line plus 400 ohm windowed line running from outside the house to the shack.