Re: [TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II receive antenna input
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:51:27 -0500
I cannot speak for an Orion station, but my Omni VII has just such a
receiving antenna connector, and I use a Wellbrook active loop with it
all the time.  Sometimes my big stick hears better, while other times
the loop hears better.

I do nothing and give it no thought whatsoever, and have experienced no
known problems with this setup.  The Loop is at one side of the back
yard, and the big stick vertical monopole is thirty feet away in the
middle of the back yard.

I will be installing a DX-Engineers active receive vertical antenna, and
they recommend locating it something like a quarter wavelength away from
your transmitting antenna.  I will probably route that around to the
front of the house just to be sure I don't over load it.  But I plan
nothing special for it in the shack other than to keep the coax from
resting against the transmitter coax, just in case.

Just MY take on the matter.   Hope it provides some useful insight.

As a courtesy, I will send you the user manual for your reference where
you are now... by separate message.