Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for NB for Triton 544
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:42:24 -0400
The noise blanker in my 544 is extremely effective against line noise.  I'm
told it would work well with ignition noise, too.  But I believe it is not
much punkin' on atmospheric noise.  (I have been wrong before).

My Omni-C noise blanker was a poor imitation of the 544 blanker UNTIL I made
its circuitry identical to the latter -- then it worked very well, indeed.
It was an easy, reversible modification to the Omni-C blanker.

I wrote an extremely brilliant analysis of locating sources of line noise.
It used to be online but is no more.  I can email it to anybody who is
interested.  If anyone can post it and deems it worthy, I'll send it to just
one person.  It is a very small file.

Mike N4NT