Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:15:00 -0700
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 12:43:30 -0500, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:

>That depends a great deal on the ferrite mix. There are beads suitable
>for HF

The only beads I know of that are suitable for HF are the tiny beads that
W2DU found 30 years ago for his chokes. They only fit miniature coax, and
it takes HUNDREDS of them to make a choke that still doesn't work as well
as the multi-turn I've described. Those made with fewer beads are less
effective AND they can be blown up with high power.

73, Jim Brown K9YC