Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Fwd: Line Isolator Balun (sorta) question.]
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 21:18:48 +0100
Take a look at the 8th line here:
http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/chokes/

10 FB-31-1020 beads slipped over RG213 produces a choke which is
resitive from 4MHz to beyond 28MHz. However, I would agree that using
beads is not an efficient use of the ferrite material - it produces
relatively low CM impedance for the volume of ferrite used. As we know,
you can wind much more effective chokes with multi-turns on toroid forms.

Steve G3TXQ