Re: [TenTec] [dxlab] Commander 8.5.8 is available

To: <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [dxlab] Commander 8.5.8 is available
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:16:27 -0500
With the release of Commander 8.5.8,

Commander slider command sequences now work with TenTec Omni-VII for AF, RF,
BW, and Squelch (in addition to the previously announced VFO commands)

-AF ( '*U<B1><13> )

-RF ( '*I<B1><13> )

-BW ( '*W<B1><13> )

-SQ ( '*H<B1><13> )

Those sequences are referenced from Radio Mode Command Set, pages 16 - 20, of
the OMNI-VII, Model 588,  Programmers Reference Guide, Revision 1.009.

>From Commander, you can vary the BW of each VFO (as long as the mode is
>different in each) by dragging the slider with the computer mouse. The AF, RF,
>and Squelch are also available on by using the computer mouse to drag to the
>desired level. There is some delay / overshoot if the slider is rapidly
>pulled.

Thanks to Dave AA6YQ and John KI4JPL for their continued support of their
respective products and for allowing me to Beta test.

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705