Re: [TenTec] Headphones and QRN

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphones and QRN
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
Proven to be the best win the West are Heil Quit Phones or Bose QC-2 or QC-15 .

They life a CW signal out of the mud.  It bit more when normally you know there
is a tone and cannot tell what it is, they clear it up becasue in he way they
are designed.  SSB seams to be enhanced a bit as well.

Heil has a heavier duty cord appear to be a bit more rugged.  Bose has a high
low switch to give more volume when your connected to an IPod.

Big investment but worth it.

Some  one from Heil had told me that they use the most recent circuitry  for
the Heil Quit Phones.  This same company that makes the circuitry for the  Heil
Quit Phones are used in Bose, and that there are only 4 companies that uses the
head phones boards.  Now who makes those boards is a mystery for now.

I went to various stores with a 12 foot long headphone extension cord and tried
various head phones while listening to a boarder line CW signal that was
recored.
I played it on an iPod.  Talking about getting serious about headphones.

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.  Jim K9TF/WA9YSD