Re: [TenTec] swr

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] swr
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 20:18:50 -0500
A series loading coil at the vertical base might do the job but only on
160m. You have 43 feet of vertical, and a quarter wave at 160 meters is
about 120 feet, so you need a coil containing about 77 feet of wire to
resonate the vertical at 160 meters. Coiled up it might be a few feet
less, but not much. You could be accused of abusing the tuner running a
power amp with that much tuning needed.

73, Jerry, K0CQ