Re: [TenTec] The Eagle

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The Eagle
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 19:14:02 -0500
NONSENSE.

I have had one in several radios which I have owned.
Luckily you could switch them off.
In the Orion (I), it actually ate so much processor power that it negatively
impacted the performance of the radio.

Granted, on 6m or VHF/UHF you might want one.
On HF during a contest, which now days is every weekend, every KHz has a
signal on it anyway.
I just tune the band from one end to the other and work the stations.
I don't need to see them.
You don't get points for seeing them.
NO PAN PLEASE!

(different strokes for different folks!)

73
Rick