Re: [TenTec] 4229 Tuner Balun Replacement?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 4229 Tuner Balun Replacement?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:43:13 -0600
There is NONE. The output coil is balanced to ground, as are the
capacitors, which in my link coupled tuner can be switched from parallel
for high impedance loads to series for low impedance loads. The balance
is in an air wound coil, no ferrite or powdered iron involved. The link
can be variable coupling or use a series capacitor to adjust the
impedance match after the tuned output coil resonates the antenna and
feed line. Or better to say it supplies reactance to make the circuit
resonant at that point.

73, Jerry, K0CQ