Re: [TenTec] Stealth Antennas and restricted QTHs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Stealth Antennas and restricted QTHs
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:20:04 -0600
Sure if there's no lightning protector grounding that coax, which there
wouldn't be if you set up for that purpose. You could use house wiring
ground, metal water pipes, and metal heating and cooling pipes as part
of the counterpoise. You might want to pay attention to bonding of the
heat/cool ducts anyway to cut down on harmonic generation from almost
connections that can rectify and make harmonics. And also cause local BC
stations to make beats and harmonics in your HF receiver on 160 and 80
meters.

Back in 1963, my first shack away from home I reached up and hooked a
wire on the gutter on the back side of the apartment building and
returned my tuner ground to the power line ground and made contacts.
Also caused TVI with a 60 MHz parasitic oscillation in the PA, but the
neighbors that noticed it didn't say anything until I asked. I didn't
have a TV so I wasn't effected. I gathered I had the parasitic because
the neon bulb indicating RF in the PA tended to glow yellow instead of
orange.

Last year I bought a NEW Dish-TV dish with LNB for $24 delivered. Took a
bit of shopping on line.

73, Jerry, K0CQ