Re: [TenTec] Stealth Antennas and restricted QTHs

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Stealth Antennas and restricted QTHs
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:52:38 -0500
One last comment (I hope) on restricted antennas:

Sometimes hiding in plain sight works.

At my previous QTH, I had an HF2V adjacent to my driveway, in the rear of
the property, that was visible from the street.  Well, most of it, there was
some shrubbery that was effective in hiding the bulk of the coils.

The boss finally convinced me to hang a sports flag on the top of the
antenna.  That's when I found out that it had been noticed... my neighbors
started telling me that they were wondering when I was going to get around
to flying a flag on the pole!  (Do you think I corrected them?  Hah!)