Re: [TenTec] TenTec vs. INRAD Filters - who's design/package is best?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec vs. INRAD Filters - who's design/package is best?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:55:08 -0600
More likely selected crystals because the ladder filter often needs
slightly different frequencies to get the desired response curve. The
crystal maker may have marked them the same, while Tentec sorted them
and marked them with the detailed frequency, like as a color coded stripe.

I've not had an Inrad filter for Tentec. One of the great properties of
the Tentec ladder filters is that they don't ring from lightning pulses
or ignition noise. I know an Inrad CW filter I had in a Kenwood years
ago would ring on CW at 35 wpm or faster. I don't know about their
designs for Tentec. I'd put up with leakage to keep away from filter
ringing in the real world of HF static.

73, Jerry, K0CQ