Re: [TenTec] was OT: Indoor Antenna: re B&W type terminated dipoles

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] was OT: Indoor Antenna: re B&W type terminated dipoles
From: Jim WA9YSD <wa9ysd@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 03:58:44 -0800 (PST)
Any antenna for that matter looses 1/2 their power or more when operated on a
band that it is not designed for.

Efficiency for a folded dipole has a factor of around 0.98
Efficiency for the common dipole is about 0.1
Efficiency for the Double bazooka is about 0.89

Efficiency for the above cases is its ability to couple.  So your use of the
word efficiency must be defined better so it is not so confusing as to what
exactly your talking about.

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith.  Jim K9TF/WA9YSD