Re: [TenTec] Eagle vs any other

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle vs any other
From: "Rick - NJ0IP / DJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:17:38 -0600
Paul, I thought I answered that.

We all agree that the old analog and crystal filter radios were lovely, and
very quiet rigs.
You can't buy these anymore.
So what is the sense of comparing to a Corsair?

Mike asked about an Eagle, K3, Orion II, and FT5K.
I've had the first 3, if you accept that the OR1 is similar enough to the
OR2.
My favorite rig of those three is the Eagle.

I've owned an FT-950 and used an FT-2000 extensively and I don't like the
ergonomics of the Yaesu family of rigs.
The FT-5000 is similar.
They have unnecessary complexity and important information displayed on the
screen is too small for my old eyes to read.

I stated that I preferred the Eagle to the K3 and that you would probably
never work a station on any of the four that you couldn't work on the other
three.

The Eagle is a pleasant rig to operate.
It sounds good and it gets good audio reports.
It's not yet perfect; no rig is.

My recommendation at the end was to buy either the Eagle or K3 and invest
the rest in antennas.

So why was this viewed, in your opinion, as not answering his question?

73
Rick