Re: [TenTec] NEC, ground, grounds, and radials.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] NEC, ground, grounds, and radials.
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 23:07:54 +0000
Jerry,

Then we'll probably have to agree to disagree :)

On 07/01/2011 22:53, Dr. Gerald N. Johnson wrote:
> I fear its not a commonly held view though I'd think in broadcast
> circles NEC would be held in contempt because it seems by my analysis to
> predict twice the field power than would be measured in the real world.

Not so!

If you calculated the power density you would expect to see at that
range from an isotropic radiator in Free Space - one which radiates
uniformly in all directions - then apply the predicted EZNEC dBi figure,
it should match the power density you measured.

As I see it, it's not a problem with EZNEC, it's how you define the
reference power density; and your definition seems to be out of step
with all the engineering references I can find.

73,
Steve G3TXQ