Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more hel

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:49:04 -1000
I have a center fed dipole, fed with 450 ohm ladder line. I built it to
the dimensions that were convenient, without much regard to how the
dimensions relate to a wavelength on any particular band. On the bands
that my Johnson KW Matchbox can tune it, with the shortest length of
ladder line from the feed through the wall to the Matchbox, I operate it
that way. On the bands that it cannot tune it that way, I add lengths of
ladder line, until I find a length that allows the Matchbox to tune it.

Not quite as convenient as if only changes in the tuner knobs were
needed to change bands. It works though.

DE N6KB