Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more hel

To: Denton <denton@oregontrail.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:04:55 -0600
That's one way to increase the matching range of the Matchbox. Another
is a variable series capacitor on the input coil or link. Those other
things with the feed line are other details that work to shift the
complex impedance needing matched to one within the range of the tuner.

One could also use an L network to change the impedance in a smaller
space than might be required for adding feedline. Sometimes just a shunt
capacitor is enough, sometimes it take a series capacitor or shunt or
series coils to correct most of the reactance of the load. There are
many ways to solve the obnoxious load problem. Depends on what it is.
One solution probably doesn't work on multiple bands, but it would great
when it does.

73, Jerry, K0CQ