[TenTec] OMNI VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII
From: jliving39@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:27:10 +0000 (UTC)

Folks,

     The OMNI VII controls (multi, pbt/bw,af/rf, and rit/xit) are very wobbly.
Realize they are encoders and not pots and maybe never will be really tight.
.  Does anyone know if they can be tightened up a bit or do we just have to
live with the wobblyness.  I do not see a way to adjust the knobs and do not
want to use extreme pressure.  Anyone have any ideas?  Maybe we just have to
live with it.  Stan said maybe push the knob back a little, but that does need
solve the problem.  Have never seen another rig with this situation.  I guess
my question really is Are encoders naturally wobbly?  Please advise.  Jim,
K4CFA