Re: [TenTec] 255 Power Supply

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 255 Power Supply
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:08:49 -0600
The transistors are wired in parallel, but that 0 resistance from base
to one of the connections is a shorted junction in one of them. There's
no repair possible for the transistor, it must be replaced. When you
take them out, you can tell which is bad, but a sturdy pair isn't a bad
investment.

.514 is about right for the forward drop of a silicon junction. OL is
right for open. Which a junction should be one way. .000 for both
polarities of the meter shows the shorted junction.

73, Jerry, K0CQ