Re: [TenTec] eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] eagle
From: mike bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:21:09 -0400
Lee,

you're absolutely right!

but...

I still paid for a 100 watt radio. I shouldn't have to tweak and peak the
trimmers inside to set the power correctly.

The omni VI I own shows about 80 watts give or take a few. And I KNOW that no
one alive will know the difference.

But...

It should not have left the factory like that.

I talked to Paul at the dayton hamvention about this issue and he told me that
in the case of the Omni VI, each radio has to 'learn' what
the power output is. While all the staff was overwhelmed with people from the
hamvention, he was unable to give me more details other than "send it down"

And...

It's like buying a new automobile and finding out that the speedometer is off,
it's just a quick adjustment, but you still paid $28,000 for the car—it
shouldn't have left the factory like that.

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
"If you can't explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough"
Albert Einstein