Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 20:51:41 -0400
Wow!  Good news is always in short supply.  Nice to know it all worked
out well for you.

It's funny you mention the ergonomics of the "multi-knob" which I have
on my Omni VII -- which I do not mind at all – but as this is my first
ham transceiver, I am only used to this way of operating – but still, I
have occasionally wondered whether or not it would be easier or more
convenient if each separate function had its own separate knob.  Two
ways to skin the cat, for sure, but sometimes I wonder whether I would
prefer it the other way.  Similarly, for the AF gain/RF gain knob -
sometimes I wonder if I would prefer those functions to be on their own,
individual knobs.  I think if I had learned on a radio with separate
knobs, this multiple use thing might take some serious getting used to.
  So, I can understand your comment.

Anyway, your comment touched the nerve in the back of my mind…

Happy Trails.