Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Intermittent Omni VI+ rx problem & optical illusion fixed.
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 01:15:01 +0000 (UTC)

I was worried about the same thing before my Omni VII arrived. I loved and
still love my Omni VI+. That said, the layout of the panel and the excellent
display screen make the use of multi knobs on the VII very intuitive.
Understand that the 'MULTI' knob supports functions that are not twiddled that
much. The display shows right next to the knob what it is doing. It's other
functions are called up by well labeled buttons or by tapping it to rotate
through several functions. The other knobs are PBT/BW. Those are closely
related functions. The current one is clearly shown next to the knob on the
display, along with its value. Kind of like having the concentric knobs on the
VI+. Same goes for the AF/RF gain (mine lives in the RF position). The more I
use it, the more I like it. It does make for a very uncluttered panel and is
very nice to use. I truly believe that this is because it was well engineered
by folks who use ham radios. Learning curve? Yes, but a very very short one.

Just my opinion.

Dave

WA3F