Re: [TenTec] SLIGHTLY OT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SLIGHTLY OT
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 12:46:27 -0700 (PDT)
Steve,

I'll post my settings later when back home (sometimes I have to work!), but I
was not at max L.

My XYL objected to holes through the wall for ladder line, to go straight out,
and even wanted me not to use a bulkhead arrangement under the window...so...I
am going down through the A/C duct with the LMR, to through a grounded
Alpha-Delta suppresor and into the the balun.

For what it's worth, it's the 1114LS found here:

http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-98/isolation-choke-balun-common/Detail

There is a six inch piece of LMR400 from the Alpha Delta 350 to the balun. I
could cut two feet off the of the LMR600.

This may all be changed. I warned my XYL about some of the possibilities faced
by running ladder line under the house--hadn't realized it would be coming out
the same vent in through which the phone (DSL) and satellite RG-6 run as well!
We'll see what happens when I go QRO on 40 tonight.

I appreciate the feedback though.
Art