Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)
From: John <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:16:21 -0400

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I have operated QRP from the house and find that
the Argosy is a workable rig even at 5 Watts. The first rig I ever used
was a Argonaut so the Argosy seems to be a reasonable progression. So
why not put a kit together for operation in the field?  Well, as normal
as being ham operator, anyways.

I have the radio. and next is a power source.  It looks like I can get
at least a couple of hours, if not more, from a 5 to 7.5 Ah battery.  If
the load is really 50% transmitting and 50% listening, I can get about 3
hours form a 5 Ah battery and the sealed units are slightly less than 5
lbs so the load on my back is not huge so far.

  That is why I placed the query here. Although it seems as though the
FT-817 is as popular as any else, I would enjoy putting my Argosy back
the air.

73,
John / WA1JG