Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy (I)
From: Scott Cowling <scotty@tonks.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:30:04 -0700
I have used my Argosy I (analog dial) on many a Field Day on 5W, and
easily operated the entire 24 hours on batteries. I typically use a
much bigger battery than needed, such as an Optima blue-top (55AH, I think).

 From memory, the 590mA RX current drain is about what I measured
too.  About half of that is the panel lamps, which I disconnected.
Being incandescent, they consume about 280mA of current. Once they
are disconnected, you get a very reasonable 250-300mA current drain on RX.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI